I recently popped into our local Shopper’s Drug to pick up some bread, eggs & bacon (kids wanted bacon & eggs for brunch) and boy, was I in for a summer treat.
For those of you not familiar with Shopper’s Drug Mart—it is Canada’s largest retail pharmacy chain and convenience store. Most of the larger stores have a BeautyBoutique department which carry a prestigious line of drug-store cosmetics.
Anywho, I was only planning to quickly pick up above mentioned kitchen needs and run back home, because hubby and kids were expecting their bacon & eggs brunch in the next couple of hours. With basket of things in tow, I thought I would just do a super quick walk through of the BeautyBoutique, when I spotted a sale at the Revlon wall. All Revlon lipsticks were on a 20% of promo! What girl can’t pass up a sale on lipsticks? So I thought to myself, “I really do need some new summer lipsticks!”.
So there I was, excitedly trying and swatching all kinds of lipstick colors on a Saturday morning, when I really should’ve been at home already preparing the promised bacon & eggs brunch. Needless to say, I never arrived at home on time to make it—so we ended up going to Joey’s Seafood for LUNCH.
On a positive note, I ended up with 5 new & beautiful summer lovin’ Revlon lipsticks to enjoy for seasons to come!
From L to R are:
*Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – matte 001 Nude Attitude
– a pale, tawny soft beige color: the perfect complement to a smoky eye look or if you just want a natural nude lip. I sometimes use it to tone down a bright lip color by patting some on my ring finger and then lightly dabbing it over top of my bright lip:)
* Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – matte 003 Mauve It Over
– a pinky brown nude color: also great with a smokey eye look or as an everyday natural lip look.
*Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – crème 435 Love That Pink
– a gorgeous bright fuschia pink with a hint of corally red: has become one of my favorite go-to bright summer shades for day AND night.
*Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – crème 720 Fire & Ice
– a bright rosy coral red: this shade has been around since the 50’s! I know because I remember when I was a little girl, this was my aunt’s signature lip color:) I loved it on her then and I’m lovin’ it now!
*Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick – crème 745 Raspberry Bite
– a deep but bright raspberry red: I love that you can build this color on your lips
to either wear it like a stain or full-on lipstick.
What’s your favorite colour?
Thank you for reading my blog:)