Love all things French…french cuisine, french fashion, the french language, french perfume, french skincare and of course my french husband:)
Rewind to french skincare. During all the times I’ve visited family and friends in France, I’ve always been awestruck by the women. Namely beautiful-effortlessly-styled-just-got-out-of-bed-no-makeup-makeup-glowing-clear-skin-with a ‘je ne sais quoi’ about them type of women.
Meeting my husband’s female family members and friends was a bit intimidating at first, because I just couldn’t get past how wonderfully ‘au naturel’ and amazingly put together they looked. Now that I’ve gotten to know these amazing women from our little corner of Lyon, France—they’ve imparted to me some of their french skincare secrets.
Since we’ve been living in Canada, my mother-in-law sends the entire family care packages straight from France, usually every 3-4 months. Majority of the gifts are for the kids, and my husband and I will usually get just little things, like essentials. She usually sends me a bottle of the newest French perfume. Right now, I’m obsessed with Flowerbomb by Victor & Rolf since it was originally launched in 2005. I’ve already gone through 4 bottles in the last 3 years!
She recently sent me the biggest french pharmacy haul I’ve ever received to date from Lyon. I was so overjoyed, it was like Christmas all over again. Of course, my husband and kids didn’t get what all the hype was about. I’ve learned to accept that they never will. But that’s alright with me:)))
Here’s a quick breakdown of all the products she sent:
– made specifically for skin irritations this power-house-multi-purpose cream has become my go-to for dry, chapped lips, dry eczema patches and even hand cream. Has the texture and consistency of an ointment or vaseline (although not as greasy) — and has amazing results. We also apply it to any cuts and abrasions by rubbing some on the skin before adding a band-aid, and the skin heals twice as fast.
– I was first introduced to this by my husband during our ‘dating’ phase. I had accidentally burned my hand on the stove and he pulled this tube out and applied this white creamy light textured cream (kind of reminds me of whipped cream) onto the part of skin that was burned. He told me it would help soothe and heal the skin on contact.
And wow, was he right! I didn’t even experience any burning sensation usually accompanied after a burn experience. And a couple of hours later, my burnt area felt miraculously healed! This cream works by cleaning the surface and moisturizing it, minimizing scars and healing the area like my husband said “on contact”.
Actually intended for minor burns, bumps, chapped lips, scratches and rashes, this miracle cream has a permanent home in our first-aid kit.
* Rogé Cavaillès
– this skincare line has been around since 1855—pretty impressive. My mother-in-law first introduced me to this brand about 7 years ago, to help protect, soften and soothe my daughter’s eczema troubled skin. We use the cream wash for the entire family as a face and body cleanser. It is paraben free, DMDM hydantoin free, phenoxyethanol free and hypoallergenic.
* Sanoflore 24H Sans Concession Déodorant Roll-On
– I never liked using liquid roll-on deodorant and pretty much stuck to the dry roll-ons, until I was introduced to Sanoflore. This one is 99% naturally formulated and does not contain alcohol, parabens, and aluminum. And best of all it has an amazing fresh-just-showered scent to it. Only downside is that it takes a while to dry.
* Bioderma Sensibio
– this is my holy-grail-can’t-live-without- multi-purpose-all-in-one daily beauty essential. I use it as a cleanser and makeup remover. LOVE THIS!
* Uriage Crème Teintée Dorée SPF 50
– Perfect for days you don’t feel like wearing foundation. I usually put this on weekends when I’m running around doing errands or just out and about with kids. The universal golden tint delivers just enough coverage to minimize imperfections and even out skin tone and the sunscreen definitely helps protect the skin on those bright sunny days.
– It works as a super-moisturizer, a super-cleanser that simultaneously cleans the skin, and a super-primer that leaves it perfectly prepped for makeup. Love this!!!
* B Com Bio Organic Intense Serum Lissant Firmete
– an all-natural serum packed with hyaluronic acid, great for combating dry skin. All you need is about 3 pumps and the thin fluid absorbs quickly and helps even out your skin tone. As soon as it is applied to skin, you immediately feel your skin drinking up the serum, leaving soft plump skin. I’ve used this for about a month now and I’ve actually seen positive results in my skin tone.
Thank you for reading my blog.
What are your favorite skincare products?