I’m so ecstatic to have been nominated again (3rd time’s a charm!) for the Liebster Beauty Blogger Award.
A big shout out, thank you and HUG goes out to my lovely fellow blogger Madeline of Modaiolo who nominated me.
The Liebster Award Rules:
- You must link back the person who nominated you.
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers
- You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
Q & A with Madeline of Modaiolo:
1 . What prompted your love of beauty and/or fashion?
When I turned 5, my uncle took me shopping and bought me my first purse and a pair of little white toddler heels (I was still in the Philippines). As soon as I arrived home, my mom told me that I walked around like a little fashionista and showed off my new accessories to anyone that paid me any attention. Needless to say, I even slept with my new accessories. Thus, my love for fashion began😍
2. If you could have any career in fashion that your little heart desired, what would that be?
Would love to work as as editor-in-chief for a fashion magazine.
3. If you could make over any celebrity, who would you choose and how would you style him/her?
Hilary Clinton needs Michelle Obama’s stylist A.S.A.P! I would maybe do a modern bob on Hilary and darken her hair to a more natural medium brown color. Makeup needs to be softer and more polished.
4. Your closet is burning and you can only save 3 items – Go!
An ASOS bouclé cardigan, a Rachel Roy single breasted dolman-sleeved blazer, and a Jacob sleeveless black wrap dress with halter neck. These 3 pieces have helped transform my wardrobe into different looks.
5. What beauty product can’t you live without? (BESIDES mascara)
6. Sum up your personal style in 10 words or less.
Minimalist, relaxed, chic, urban , effortless, up to trend, classic, flowy, girly, and bohemian.
7. Which non-designer brand (i.e. Forever 21, H&M etc) is your go-to?
Forever 21 and Costa Blanca
8. What would you rather wear at all times if forced to choose – Fall/Winter or Spring/Summer looks?
Definitely with no hesitation: Fall/Winter
9. What are your thoughts and feelings on the portrayal of women in fashion media (runway models, lingerie models, etc)?
I’m a mother to an amazing 7 yr old girl and I totally believe that the media’s portrayal of women affects the self-image of girls dramatically. Concepts of what is considered beautiful and wanna-be personalities are found in tv shows, magazines, video games and even toys. As a parent, I try to make sure that she is not limited to societies’ expectations of how a woman should look, dress or act. Instead it’s important for all parents and society to expose our children to positive role models and to let young girls know just how amazing they are and always will be just by being themselves.
10. If you had your own label (fashion or cosmetics) what would the inspiration behind your collections be?
I would love to start a children’s clothing line of chic but playful wear consisting of essential basics and on-trend pieces. The inspiration behind this is of course, my children and the amazing, fashionable and timeless children’s fashion I found when shopping in France.
I would like to extend the Liebster Beauty Blogger Award by nominating the following awesome bloggers:
Have fun with my Q & A, ladies!
1. My makeup mantra is:
A. “Less is more.”
B. “Find the happy medium.”
C. “Bring it on!
2. Who is your celebrity icon?
3. What is your favorite style of Halloween costume?
A. Anything goes! You’ve been everything from Disney Princesses to Roadkill!
B. You love costumes that are simple, cute, and often composed from things in your closet. Cowgirls and cheerleaders are tons of fun.
C. This is your day to sparkle and shine – you love fun and flamboyant costumes like fairies, angels, and royalty!
D. Your costumes are the kind that usually must be explained but are always clever and excellently detailed.
4. You’re invited to a cocktail event last minute. Whatever will you do with your hair?
5. If you could only bring one beauty product with you on a 3-day vacation, what would it be?
6. What is your current favorite item of clothing/accessory right now?
7. Packing your skincare products for a weekend getaway is…
A. Easy as one-two-three — cleanse, moisturize, and protect.
B. Torture. How can I choose among all my must-have lotions and potions?
C. Non-negotiable. I’ve been loyal to products for years and I’ll never sacrifice perfect skin for a smaller suitcase.
8. How often do you wear your hair in its natural texture?
A. At least a few days a week. I love waves and curls!
B. It depends on my outfit and where I’m off to.
C. Never — I only like my hair straight and sleek.
9. When applying blush, which of the following are you looking to achieve:
A. a pretty flush
B. a healthy glow for my pale complexion
C. great cheekbones
10. What is your time-sapping makeup mishap?
A. a smudge that takes time to remove — I never have remover on hand!
B. runny mascara
C. foundation that is anything less than flawless
If I nominated you and you feel like you don’t want to do the tag—no worries! I just think this is a fun, meet-and-greet way to get to know each other! Looking forward to hearing from you, if you do decide to take part!
Hope you all had a good time with my little ”meet & greet’ Q & A session😊