A new season is an excellent excuse—ahem, reason—to update or reinvent your look, your wardrobe and even your beauty routine. And for me, Fall is my favorite season to use this time each year to rethink my style a bit (change up my styling techniques), purge my closet (get rid of the old to make room for the new), get a new haircut (or color) and refill my makeup arsenal (bring out the deep berry lipsticks!). And so far I’m off to a great start!
1. So for starters today, I got a new ‘do which I call: “kids-are-finally-Back-to-School LOB haircut” (long bob). No more messy buns for a while!
2. Made a very recent mini-haul purchase from my fave online shopping website, ASOS, which I just received this week.
3. This Fall, in terms of rethinking my style, I’m gonna go with what I’ve always been drawn to. I’m a big fan of oversized knits/jackets paired with leggings and fitted pencil skirts, finished off with pièce de résistance—-long or short booties.
My inspiration: I’ve always loved the designer Donna Karan way back then (in the 90’s) and even until now. Her designs are effortless fluidity and so classically feminine.
DKNY presented her latest Autumn-Winter 2013-2014 ready to wear collection called “Girls Gone Wild” during NYFW earlier this week. Here are my absolute favorites. All I have is say is L*O*V*E!
It showcased the label’s classics of 1990’s and hip-hop style. The new season comes with DKNY iconic items, including gorgeous streetwear inspired oversize parkas, oversize quilted bombers, sweatshirts, structured minidresses, tops, and skinny pants. Overall, it’s a strong and oh-so-chic sportswear lineup with luxurious knits and urban outfitting. My kind of Fall style!
4. Purchased a few beauty products to refill my makeup arsenal:
1. Nyx Bohemian Chic Nude Matte Collection Palette
2. e.l.f Eye Enhancing Shadow Palette in Brown Eyes
3. e.l.f High Definition Undereye Setting Powder
4. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (deluxe sample size)
5. e.l.f Makeup Mist ‘ Set
6. Rimmel Lasting Finish By Kate in #107 (deep Bordeaux red)
5. Now in terms of purging my closet—THAT hasn’t happened yet. When?
When the Fall season has officially hit and I can honestly say to myself that I have a complete Fall wardrobe. Maybe then will I start purging my closet…starting with the 6 or 7 identical-looking black pencil skirts hanging randomly in my closet 😉
Thanks for reading my blog 😊
Hit the LIKE button if you like any of these items!