Sundays, are usually my days for errand shopping at our friendly neighborhood Shopper’s Drug Mart. Went in for baby essentials and snacks for kid’s lunches for school (granola bars, juice boxes, blah, blah, blah…).
And for mommy’s beauty essentials (moi), I bought a beautiful new L’Oréal Colour Riche Lip Balm! As soon as I saw the shade called Plush Plum (#219), I knew it just had to be mine. Plus it was on sale for $5.99 (reg. $11.99). Bonus!
– Indulge your lips with Colour Riche Balm. This tinted lip balm provides a hint of luscious, kissable color, smoothing lips instantly and for a full 8 hours of continuous hydration with SPF 15. Lips are softer and more supple all day long—and keeps conditioning even after it’s been removed.
– The Plush Plum is a cool berry raisin shade and has a bit of a visible gold sparkle if you look closely (which didn’t really show up on my camera, sorry).
I currently have another one called Nourishing Nude which I’ve had since spring time. It is a very sheer rosy nude barely-there shade which is one of my favorite go-to nude lippies.
– There’s something so pretty and eye-catching about the sophisticated packaging. I’m so drawn to the rectangular clear cap that matches the balm shade and the sleek gold base. I think it looks more luxurious than the Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butters.
The cap is also easier to grip and take off because of the taller base. When you put the cap back on, you have to line it up with the notch at the base (it’s an interlocking cap)—which I kind of like, so it doesn’t open up in your purse.
– I find this lip balm to be very long lasting. I applied this in the morning and it lasted until early afternoon (about 5-6 hours)—my lips felt moderately hydrated by mid-afternoon. My lips also retained a shiny look. This is because the formula is slick/glossy and not as creamy as the Revlon Lip Butter (which I do still like for its creaminess:)
– The colour payoff has a VERY sheer coverage and provides just a hint of a sheer wash which I love for those moments when I just want a casual sheer barely there lip look with a bit of shine.
– When I’m toting around my 9 month old in one arm, and I’m suddenly struck by a need to put on a no-nonsense lippie—it’s so easy to apply and so convenient that I DO NOT even need a mirror! With just one arm, I apply from the bullet and am confident that I have a healthy, natural and polished look:) C’est tout!
The L’Oréal Colour Riche Balm in Nourishing Nude has always secured a place in my heart ❤️ and in my everyday makeup arsenal kit, from the get-go since I first purchased it in spring time. It’s one of the lip balms that I carry around in my makeup bag everywhere I go!
And now I can say the same of my newest Plush Plum addition! Three words: THEY’RE THE “BALM”.
Thanks for reading my blog 😉
Do you own any of these L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Balms? If so, which shade?