Wow. The month of September flew by like a big blur for me. It was a month of transitioning and the start of our usual daily routines with kids going back to school, homework with kids, early bedtimes, early wake ups and chasing after my 9 month old crawling-cruiser-explorer-curious-george of a baby.
My makeup routine took a turn for the easy-breezy-beautiful-5-minutes-or-less-out-the-door natural look. So I decided to dedicate my September favorites to my fabulous eye makeup heroes that I reached for instinctively everyday to help perk up my oh, so tired looking peepers.
1. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal – 005 Nude
– Has a nice creamy consistency and glides on super smooth, works wonders for my eyes. I use this to waterline my lower lids to help my eyes look more awake!
2. Smashbox Eyeshadow Trio – Glow On
– just love this 3 shade palette for a natural smokey neutral brown eye look. I use the lighter shade (matte vanilla) as an inner eye accent and for accenting the brow one, the darkest shade (matte dark brown) sometimes to line my upper and lower lashes or it also looks beautiful in the crease or “V” and the midtone (bronze with a slight shimmer) which is very pretty on my lids and crease.
3. e.l.f High Definition Undereye Setting Powder
– this is my ultimate favorite e.l.f product right now! I never thought I would ever need a separate setting powder for my eye area, until I started using this. It has a very sheer finish with the TINIEST hint of ultra fine shimmer (which I personally cannot see) that magically just lifts and brightens my under eye area and more importantly—beautifully and flawlessly sets my concealer for a fresh and alive bright eye.
4. Smashbox Photo Op Under Eye Brightener
– I’ve been using this for 5+ years not just as an under eye brightener but also as a high cheekbone or browbone highlighter. The formula has a light-weight consistency, blends into skin like a dream with the tiniest amount of shimmer and adds the perfect amount of natural “light effect” highlights. One word: refreshed.
5. Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner – Black Brown
– love the twist-up feature – no need to sharpen. Glides on smoothly/evenly and stays put throughout the day. The black-brown shade is very natural on my eyes and does a great job of lining my upper and lower waterline.
So that pretty much rounds out my eye makeup heroes for September.
Hope you enjoyed it!
Thank you for reading my blog.😊
What are your can’t-live-without eye makeup products?