The lovely and talented blogger Miss Vanilly of my beautiful daydream, has just graciously nominated me for a Liebster Award—which has totally made my day! I just utterly love her blog, especially her eye makeup tutorials—they are by far the best I’ve read so far. She’s taught me a thing or two about how to apply liquid eyeliner! So a big shout out and thank you goes to my girl, Miss Vanilly. If you haven’t checked her out yet, make sure you do. You’ll be sure to enjoy reading her fantastic blog!
For those of you who do not know the LIEBSTER AWARD is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is German for sweetest, kindest, nicest, Isn’t that lovely? what an amazing honour. Blogging is about having a voice. Showing the world your loves and thoughts your hopes and dreams—which best describes all the bloggers I’ve nominated. Blogging is a wonderful creative output and there are plenty of amazing people writing wonderful words for you to read so get clicking!
The instructions of the Liebster Award are:
*Thank your nominator and link their blog
*Write 11 facts about yourself
*Answer 11 questions that your nominator set for you and devise you own set of 11 questions.
*Tag 5 or 11 other blogs for the award, they must have less than 200 followers. Don’t forget to inform them and link back your post so they know the details
11 Facts about Me!
1. I’m tri-lingual: I speak English (a given), French (studied in a French Immersion educational program from grades 7-12) & Tagalog (Filipino – was born in the Phillippines, but raised in Canada).
2. For 13 years in a row, I’ve pampered myself and indulged in a weekly salon blowout. I just love getting my hair done. Because I certainly can’t achieve the results my stylist can😉
3. In my early twenties, I decided to uproot myself and leave my hometown (with just a suitcase full of my personal belongings) and move to Toronto to pursue my fashion career with no prospect of a job. I landed a job within 2 weeks of my arrival and worked as a Senior Area Visual Merchandiser with a Canadian company called Jacob for 10 years. Most rewarding and best 10 years of my fashion career😊
4. I met my future husband in Toronto, 3 months before his working Visa from France expired. Yeah, I guess you can call it a ‘whirlwind romance’. After he returned to France, we continued a long-distance relationship for 3 years and then tied the knot the following year. Fast-forward 5 years later, and we are happily blessed with an amazing little family of 3 beautiful children.
5. Unbeknownst to me, my friends decided to post a profile of me on an online dating site to help give me a push in the ‘romance department’ (which I won’t mention, except that its a popular one). This was during my no-time-for-personal-life-just-my-career single days of course. My future husband at the time, was actually in Toronto on a working Visa, at the head office of THIS particular online dating site. He was the one who saw my profile and decided to give me a “wink” and eventually messaged me! My friends then decided to let me know about their cupid’s conspiracy theory, which I tirelessly berated them for but now have been indebted to them ever since. Because as my luck and kismet would have it, it turned out to be a happy ending. So for all you romantic hopefuls out there, love CAN happen!
6. I’m a super-duper-X-P-aladocious NEAT-FREAK—which my husband and 2 older children will attest to. I’m constantly checking my husband more than the kids. He’s worse than a toddler when it comes to leaving a behind a trail of his mess!
7. I’m a HUGE ‘Glee‘ fan. I just can’t get enough of that show. My daughter and I watch reruns all the time and make it a point to dance around the living room while singing along to our favorite tunes (but only when my husband isn’t home😉)
8. I’m obsessed with Starbucks holiday drink: Gingerbread Latte. I’ve been known to creep different Starbucks locations at the end of the Gingerbread Latte season to see who still has the syrup left.
9. The only 3 countries I’ve visited in the world are: U.S (North Dakota, just a couple of times), Phillippines (once in 2001) and France (4 times—1999, 2006, 2007, 2008). Still have a lot of places to go and see!!!
10. Love to shop for bargains. Best time to shop is end of season!
11. I love SUSHI…’nuff said!
Miss Vanilly’s questions for me:
1. If you could only pick one product to represent your style what would it be?
Right now at this current moment—the one product would be my collection of cozy, comfy sweatshirts! I’m soooo obsessed right now with all kinds of sweatshirts. Love that you can wear them with just about anything—from leggings to a sequinned mini-skirt!
2. what inspires you to blog?
Everything around me inspires me…from fashion, styles, trends, makeup, beauty products to people, music, art and things that pull at my heartstrings!
3. where would you live if you could pick anywhere?
I would love to move to Lyon, France and live there for a couple of years….but I would miss Canada so much because of my family. So I would like to just go back and forth from France to Canada if that was even financially possible!
4. What city would you like to visit?
NEW YORK !!!
5. Whats your favourite food?
6. whats your guilty pleasure?
Shopping at SEPHORA :)))
7. who makes you happy?
My entire family.
8. Whats your favourite song?
Right now, I have a version of the Beatles “Hey Jude” sung by my favourite GLEE singers looped in my mind. Of course the original version by the Beatles is my all-time favourite, but the Glee cast did an amazing job! Even my kids sing it—we sang it this morning as a matter of fact!
9. What languages can you speak?
English, French and Tagalog.
10. What is your hidden talent?
I can type over 60 words per minute!
11. Tell us a secret…
I secretly have a crush on Henry Cavill (don’t tell my husband:)))
Questions for my My Lovely Nominees!
1. My makeup mantra is:
A. ”Less is more.”
B. ”Find the happy medium.”
C. ”Bring it on!
2. Who is your celebrity icon?
3. What is your favorite style of Halloween costume?
A. Anything goes! You’ve been everything from Disney Princesses to Roadkill!
B. You love costumes that are simple, cute, and often composed from things in your closet. Cowgirls and cheerleaders are tons of fun.
C. This is your day to sparkle and shine – you love fun and flamboyant costumes like fairies, angels, and royalty!
D. Your costumes are the kind that usually must be explained but are always clever and excellently detailed.
4. You’re invited to a cocktail event last minute. Whatever will you do with your hair?
5. If you could only bring one beauty product with you on a 3-day vacation, what would it be?
6. What is your current favorite item of clothing/accessory right now?
7. Packing your skincare products for a weekend getaway is…
A. Easy as one-two-three — cleanse, moisturize, and protect.
B. Torture. How can I choose among all my must-have lotions and potions?
C. Non-negotiable. I’ve been loyal to products for years and I’ll never sacrifice perfect skin for a smaller suitcase.
8. How often do you wear your hair in its natural texture?
A. At least a few days a week. I love waves and curls!
B. It depends on my outfit and where I’m off to.
C. Never — I only like my hair straight and sleek.
9. When applying blush, which of the following are you looking to achieve:
A. a pretty flush
B. a healthy glow for my pale complexion
C. great cheekbones
10. What is your time-sapping makeup mishap?
A. a smudge that takes time to remove — I never have remover on hand!
B. runny mascara
C. foundation that is anything less than flawless
11. What is your all-time favourite book?
…And the nominees are…
10. Musings x Meian
Thank you for reading my blog.😊
Again, congrats to all of the nominees, you all deserve this. Enjoy!