The past couple of weeks of my month of November leading up to today—just keeps getting better and better! Two days ago, I was kindly nominated for the Wonderful Team Membership Award.
Yesterday was a double whammy—I received an uplifting and inspiring notice that I now have 200 follows AND to make things even more fist-pump-in-the-air-happy, I received a nomination for the Sunshine Award.
I want to extend a big thank you to thebeautydeputy for including me and nominating me for this award. Her detailed, informative and drool-worthy reviews on beauty products make you want to run out to the nearest Sephora and buy everything she touches! So make sure to check out her blog! I’m sure you’re beauty product wish list will grow!
I also want to profusely thank each and every one of you, who has taken the time to stop by and visit my blog. I love all the comments that come my way, as a way of interacting and touching base with all my dearest readers and fellow bloggers. Here’s to blogging!!!
So here are the rules:
1. Thank the one that nominated you and back link to their blog
2. Put up the picture for the Sunshine Award
3. Share 11 facts about yourself
4. Answer the 11 set questions by your nomination blogger
5. Nominate 11 bloggers
6. Include 11 questions for your nominees to answer
Facts About Me:
1. I’m tri-lingual: I speak English (a given), French (studied in a French Immersion educational program from grades 7-12) & Tagalog (Filipino – was born in the Phillippines, but raised in Canada).
2. For an obscene amount of years in a row til the present, I’ve pampered myself and indulged in a weekly salon blowout. I just love getting my hair done. Because I certainly can’t achieve the results my stylist can😉
3. In my early twenties, I decided to uproot myself and leave my hometown (with just a suitcase full of my personal belongings) and move to Toronto to pursue my fashion career with no prospect of a job. I landed a job within 2 weeks of my arrival and worked as a Senior Area Visual Merchandiser with a Canadian company called Jacob for 10 years. Most rewarding and best 10 years of my fashion career😊
4. I met my future husband in Toronto, 3 months before his working Visa from France expired. Yeah, I guess you can call it a ‘whirlwind romance’. After he returned to France, we continued a long-distance relationship for 3 years and then tied the knot the following year. Fast-forward 5 years later, and we are happily blessed with an amazing little family of 3 beautiful children.
5. Unbeknownst to me, my friends decided to post a profile of me on an online dating site to help give me a push in the ‘romance department’ (which I won’t mention, except that its a popular one). This was during my no-time-for-personal-life-just-my-career single days of course. My future husband at the time, was actually in Toronto on a working Visa, at the head office of THIS particular online dating site. He was the one who saw my profile and decided to give me a “wink” and eventually messaged me! My friends then decided to let me know about their cupid’s conspiracy theory, which I tirelessly berated them for but now have been indebted to them ever since. Because as my luck and kismet would have it, it turned out to be a happy ending. So for all you romantic hopefuls out there, love CAN happen!
6. I’m a super-duper-X-P-aladocious NEAT-FREAK—which my husband and 2 older children will attest to. I’m constantly checking my husband more than the kids. He’s worse than a toddler when it comes to leaving a behind a trail of his mess!
7. I’m a HUGE ‘Glee‘ fan. I just can’t get enough of that show. My daughter and I watch reruns all the time and make it a point to dance around the living room while singing along to our favorite tunes (but only when my husband isn’t home😉)
8. I’m obsessed with Starbucks holiday drink: Gingerbread Latte. I’ve been known to creep different Starbucks locations at the end of the Gingerbread Latte season to see who still has the syrup left.
9. The only 3 countries I’ve visited in the world are: U.S (North Dakota, just a couple of times), Phillippines (once in 2001) and France (4 times—1999, 2006, 2007, 2008). Still have a lot of places to go and see!!!
10. Love to shop for bargains. Best time to shop is end of season!
11. I love SUSHI…’nuff said!
Questions from my nominee: thebeautydeputy
1. Favorite movie?
– Elizabeth (starring the lovely Cate Blanchett), Moonstruck (starring Cher), Forest Gump, Alien (starring Sigourney Weaver), The Sound of Music (Julie Andrews), Grease (Travolta & Newton-John), The Princess Bride, Apollo, Inception (Leonardo DiCaprio), Finding Neverland (Depp & Winslet)…I’m a huge movie buff—couldn’t choose JUST one:)))
2. Who inspires you most?
– My parents—for all that they are, and for everything they have done for me.
3. Favorite makeup item?
4. Drug store or high end?
– Mostly drug store, but once in a while I use a high end brand that cannot be duped by any brand.
5. Colorful or neutral makeup looks?
– I’m definitely a more neutral girl. The only occasional splash of color I use is a bright red lip.
6. What do you like doing for fun?
– SHOPPING and reading.
7. Favorite artist/band?
– Male: Michael Jackson, Bruno Mars, Miguel, and of course PRINCE
– Female: Alicia Keys, Beyoncé, Mariah Carey, Amy Winehouse
Band: The Beatles, Maroon 5,
8. Favorite mascara?
9. Favorite blush?
– Nars Orgasm
10. Favorite food?
11. Favorite Disney princess?
My nominees are…
11. LEONEM DESIGNS
My questions for my nominees are:
1. My makeup mantra is:
A. ”Less is more.”
B. ”Find the happy medium.”
C. ”Bring it on!
2. Who is your celebrity icon?
3. What is your favorite style of Halloween costume?
A. Anything goes! You’ve been everything from Disney Princesses to Roadkill!
B. You love costumes that are simple, cute, and often composed from things in your closet. Cowgirls and cheerleaders are tons of fun.
C. This is your day to sparkle and shine – you love fun and flamboyant costumes like fairies, angels, and royalty!
D. Your costumes are the kind that usually must be explained but are always clever and excellently detailed.
4. You’re invited to a cocktail event last minute. Whatever will you do with your hair?
5. If you could only bring one beauty product with you on a 3-day vacation, what would it be?
6. What is your current favorite item of clothing/accessory right now?
7. Packing your skincare products for a weekend getaway is…
A. Easy as one-two-three — cleanse, moisturize, and protect.
B. Torture. How can I choose among all my must-have lotions and potions?
C. Non-negotiable. I’ve been loyal to products for years and I’ll never sacrifice perfect skin for a smaller suitcase.
8. How often do you wear your hair in its natural texture?
A. At least a few days a week. I love waves and curls!
B. It depends on my outfit and where I’m off to.
C. Never — I only like my hair straight and sleek.
9. When applying blush, which of the following are you looking to achieve:
A. a pretty flush
B. a healthy glow for my pale complexion
C. great cheekbones
10. What is your time-sapping makeup mishap?
A. a smudge that takes time to remove — I never have remover on hand!
B. runny mascara
C. foundation that is anything less than flawless
11. What is your all-time favourite book?
Ready set go! Enjoy!
Thank you for reading my blog.😊