1. Share 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions that were asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Include 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
4. Notify your nominees about this post.
So flattered to have been nominated again for the Sunshine Blogger Award. This time it was the lovely Lea from Being Pretty who nominated me. Her wonderful blog gives you fabulous ideas and advice on how to enhance your beauty inside and out—a very inspirational blog. Go and check it out, if you haven’t yet! Thank you again, Lea for the nomination!<3
11 Facts About Myself:
1. I’m tri-lingual: I speak English (a given), French (studied in a French Immersion educational program from grades 7-12) & Tagalog (Filipino – was born in the Phillippines, but raised in Canada).
2. For an obscene amount of years in a row til the now, I’ve pampered myself and indulged in a weekly salon blowout. I just love getting my hair done. Because I certainly can’t achieve the results my stylist can😉
3. In my early twenties, I decided to uproot myself and leave my hometown (with just a suitcase full of my personal belongings) and move to Toronto to pursue my fashion career with no prospect of a job. I landed a job within 2 weeks of my arrival and worked as a Senior Area Visual Merchandiser with a Canadian company called Jacob for 10 years. Most rewarding and best 10 years of my fashion career😊
4. I met my future husband in Toronto, 3 months before his working Visa from France expired. Yeah, I guess you can call it a ‘whirlwind romance’. After he returned to France, we continued a long-distance relationship for 3 years and then tied the knot the following year. Fast-forward 5 years later, and we are happily blessed with an amazing little family of 3 beautiful children.
5. Unbeknownst to me, my friends decided to post a profile of me on an online dating site to help give me a push in the ‘romance department’ (which I won’t mention, except that its a popular one). This was during my no-time-for-personal-life-just-my-career-single-days of course. My future husband at the time, was actually in Toronto on a working Visa, at the head office of THIS particular online dating site. He was the one who saw my profile and decided to give me a “wink” and eventually messaged me! My friends then decided to let me know about their cupid’s conspiracy theory, which I tirelessly berated them for but now have been indebted to them ever since. Because as my luck and kismet would have it, it turned out to be a happy ending. So for all you romantic hopefuls out there, love CAN happen!
6. I’m a super-duper-X-P-aladocious NEAT-FREAK—which my husband and 2 older children will attest to. I’m constantly checking my husband more than the kids. He’s worse than a toddler when it comes to leaving a behind a trail of his mess!
7. I’m a HUGE ‘Glee‘ fan. I just can’t get enough of that show. My daughter and I watch reruns all the time and make it a point to dance around the living room while singing along to our favorite tunes (but only when my husband isn’t home😉)
8. I’m obsessed with Starbucks holiday drink: Gingerbread Latte. I’ve been known to creep different Starbucks locations at the end of the Gingerbread Latte season to see who still has the syrup left.
9. The only 3 countries I’ve visited in the world are: U.S (North Dakota, just a couple of times), Phillippines (once in 2001) and France (4 times—1999, 2006, 2007, 2008). Still have a lot of places to go and see!!!
10. LOVE to shop for bargains, which I do on a bi-weekly basis. Best time to shop is end of season!
11. I love SUSHI…’nuff said!
Lea’s Questions For Me Are:
1) Do you have any pets?
– No pets, although my children are pining for a kitten, a puppy, a turtle, a hamster, a piglet, a love bird…etc. The list goes on. Not sure yet, which one we’ll get them:)))
2) Do you have a dream?
– Many actually. But most importantly, my dream is for my entire family to lead a long, long, long happy and healthy life.
3) What’s your favorite color?
– LOL..my daughter asks me this question all the time. And it’s always the same answer—black, when it comes to clothing. And red, when it comes to lipstick:)
4) What’s your dream car?
– Not into over the top sports cars. I like practical cars and my favourite cars are from Volkswagen: Jetta, Golf or Passat.
5) Do you prefer floor-length or knee-length dresses?
– Love the glamourous look of floor-length dresses.
6) Do you like to glam up for special occasions?
– Of course, any chance I can get (which is not very often).
7) What’s your favorite restaurant?
– My favourite food is sushi, so my favourite restaurant which I frequented all the time in Toronto is called Sushi Inn.
8) How old were you when you had your first crush?
– I think the very first crush I had was when I was 5 or 6. When I came to Canada, I didn’t speak a word of english and the girls in my kindergarten class would make fun of me and taunt me because of it. There was a little boy in my class, who wouldn’t stand for it and made it his job to protect me from these girls. So he stuck by me the entire time during class and recess. We were never able to actually talk to one another because of the language barrier, so we mainly used gestures. I remember not knowing how to tie my shoe laces, and all I had to do was tap him on the shoulder, point to my shoes and he would tie my laces for me! I never did see him again after that year, because we moved away. But I still remember his kind spirit and generosity. So yeah, he was my first crush:)))
9) Are you a nail-polish person?
– Yes! Love how the design and colour possibilities are endless.
10) What kind of music do you like to listen to?
– Love R & B, pop, and classical.
11) What’s one of your New Year’s resolutions?
– To save money, hopefully we’ll be able to go the France this year! It’s been 5 years since our last visit to my husband’s family.
These are the 11 bloggers I nominate:
8. Beauty Lit
11. Silverkis’ World
Here are my questions for you 11 bloggers:
1. My makeup mantra is:
A. ”Less is more.”
B. ”Find the happy medium.”
C. ”Bring it on!
2. Who is your celebrity icon?
3. What is your favorite style of Halloween costume?
A. Anything goes! You’ve been everything from Disney Princesses to Roadkill!
B. You love costumes that are simple, cute, and often composed from things in your closet. Cowgirls and cheerleaders are tons of fun.
C. This is your day to sparkle and shine – you love fun and flamboyant costumes like fairies, angels, and royalty!
D. Your costumes are the kind that usually must be explained but are always clever and excellently detailed.
4. You’re invited to a cocktail event last minute. Whatever will you do with your hair?
5. If you could only bring one beauty product with you on a 3-day vacation, what would it be?
6. What is your current favorite item of clothing/accessory right now?
7. Packing your skincare products for a weekend getaway is…
A. Easy as one-two-three — cleanse, moisturize, and protect.
B. Torture. How can I choose among all my must-have lotions and potions?
C. Non-negotiable. I’ve been loyal to products for years and I’ll never sacrifice perfect skin for a smaller suitcase.
8. How often do you wear your hair in its natural texture?
A. At least a few days a week. I love waves and curls!
B. It depends on my outfit and where I’m off to.
C. Never — I only like my hair straight and sleek.
9. When applying blush, which of the following are you looking to achieve:
A. a pretty flush
B. a healthy glow for my pale complexion
C. great cheekbones
10. What is your time-sapping makeup mishap?
A. a smudge that takes time to remove — I never have remover on hand!
B. runny mascara
C. foundation that is anything less than flawless
11. What is your all-time favourite book?
Thank you! Have fun!