Now that we have entered full-blown Fall season (best fashion season—in my opinion), my go to retail haunts are becoming filled with all my fall favorites. Fall is the season where doing a little extra shopping is almost a necessity. It’s funny, every yearly fall season—I come to the realization that whatever I wore out last year, and whatever is missing from my wardrobe becomes apparent once I start to feel a chill. And yes, for me this is a good excuse for me to go shopping (not that I need an excuse at all—hee, hee, hee).
But this year, I will not be wishy-washy about what to put on my shopping list this fall. I’m looking forward to stocking up on cozy sweaters, new boots, scarves and filling my wardrobe with rich colors, textures and fabrics. I’m making my list and checking it twice and planning on adding these 5 fall wardrobe items.
1. Over the Knee Boots…I have several black boots, but NOT one black over the knee boot! They look amazing worn with skirts, dresses and leggings AND this boot style keeps your legs warm too! So now, I’m in dire need of owning a pair and I’ve been seriously eyeing a few, but haven’t made up my mind yet. My dream pair are the ones in the above pic which are Stuart Weitzman 5050 Flat Boots—but my bank account will totally hate me for it.
2. Oversized Cardigan…I love a good oversized knit and when it’s a cardigan you can literally throw it over anything. It’s the perfect lazy girl’s way to stay cozy in the cold weather. My staple casual cold weather uniform consists of leggings and an oversized cardigan. An elegant dress and some heels, a pair of distressed jeans and a tee with sneakers, anything goes with a cardigan. There’s nothing like getting a brand new sweater to kick off a new fashion season, like the Claudia Cashmere Cardigan from Club Monaco (again, totally out of my price range—sniff, sniff:(
3. Oversized Knit Scarves…always proves itself a fashion-conscious cold weather essential. Plus there’s nothing like getting warm and cozy by wrapping yourself all up in an oversized knit scarf, not to mention they frame your face beautifully. Love the contrasting textures when paired with a leather moto jacket like the one above from ASOS.
4. Faux Fur Vests…a definite must-have fall essential investment—perfect for layering with your favorite tops, blouses and sweaters for a polished glam look—like this one worn by Olivia Palermo.
5. Army Green Anorak Coat…This is one of those jackets for fall/winter that is going to be the HOT sold out jacket of the season. It goes with everything, looks timeless, and transitions seamlessly from Fall to Winter, Winter to Spring. I’m totally obsessing over this Smythe Anorak with Faux Fur Hood—the lavish and warm faux-fur trim along the hood elevates this utilitarian anorak which is cut in a long, roomy shape nipped in by a drawstring waist and hem. Check it out below!
And that’s my top 5 Fall list must-haves. But if by chance I pick up some extra stuff along the way, well, I guess that’s okay, too.
Thank you for reading my blog.😊
What are your top 5 Fall season must-haves?