I am so thrilled and flattered that I have been nominated twice for the Liebster Beauty Blogger Award, as I just started blogging in July! It’s been so rewarding to have my own blog and to have connected and shared experiences with so many amazing people from different parts of the world!
I big shout out, thank you and HUGS goes out to the two lovely bloggers who nominated me:
* The Ultimate Girl Guide:
* Katie of My Closet N Beauty Finds:
The Liebster Award Rules:
- You must link back the person who nominated you.
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with under 200 followers
- You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
Let the Q & A sessions begin!
- Q & A with The Ultimate Girl Guide:
1. What is a question you want answered in my blog?
– Do you have other blog outlets other than on WordPress?
2. What is a big problem you’re dealing with right now?
– Well, it’s not really a problem, but I am currently on maternity leave, but will have to return to the workforce in about 4 months—which I am dreading. I have been loving every moment of my 8 months spent so far as a full-time mom to my three wonderful children😊
3. How do you stay happy?
– By surrounding myself with those I love and being truly grateful for the simple little things in life.
4. Fitness freak or not?
– Not—just big on eating healthy and exercising regularly.
5. Favourite blogger?
– Angela Dowling of Love Thread
6. Why were you inspired to make your blog and how?
– I have 10+ years experience in Fashion Visual Merchandising and have always been passionate about reading beauty & fashion related articles. My creative juices started flowing when I came across a guest blogger featured in Lou Lou magazine and I was intrigued by this concept of blogging. Since I have always loved fashion, style and makeup and all they entail I figured a blog would be a great creative outlet to capture and share my personal experiences including all that inspires me, and especially interact with people that have the same passions and artistic backgrounds as I do.
7. Do you prefer big bold colours on your face or nude makeup?
– I prefer subtle nude makeup on a day to day basis but will sometimes have a bright lip for added oomph or a pop of color.
8. What is your favourite song?
– Right now it’s Beautiful by Mariah Carey ft Miguel 😍
9. What is your favourite piece of makeup?
– Always lipstick/lipgloss 💄
10. Do you believe in ghosts?
– Yes, I do 😯
- Q & A with Katie of My Closet N Beauty Finds:
1. What is one makeup product you always repurchase?
2. If you could only use one drugstore makeup brand for your entire face, what brand would you choose?
– Cover FX – I pretty much have most of their basic face essentials. Check out my recent post called Crushing on Cover FX
3. What is a beauty product that isn’t worth the hype in your opinion?
– Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal in Barely Branded. In my opinion, it doesn’t glide on eyelid very smoothly and ends up looking patchy after a while (even with primed eyelids) 😟
4. If you only had 1 minute to do your makeup, what product would you reach for first?
– My Boscia BB Cream for an all-over even-toned and imperfections-concealed flawless look. I am a true believer of starting my face canvas with flawless looking skin before applying any kind of makeup over top.
5. What’s your favorite way to remove your makeup?
– Hands down, it will always and forever be Bioderma Sensibio Makeup Remover & Cleanser
6. Hair- blow dry or air dry?
– Toughie. I have to blow-dry if I want to achieve a sleek look because my hair is naturally crazy wavy. During the summer I almost always air dry for that natural wavy look.
7. Have you ever considered working in the cosmetic or fashion industry?
– I have always worked in the fashion industry (10+ years) as a Visual Merchandiser/Marketing Coordinator. I actually have considered working part- time in cosmetics at my local Shopper’s Drug Mart BeautyBoutique (for the employee discount, hee, hee)…maybe when my mat leave ends? We’ll see!
8. Have you ever gone thrift store shopping, and would you consider it if you haven’t?
– Yes of course. Thrift shopping is so fun! I have quite a collection of vintage leather jackets.
9. Heels or flats?
– Years before becoming a mom of 3, I’d always be seen in heels, NEVER in flats. But now as a mom of 3, I pretty much wear just ballerina flats, flip flops or sandals. It’s just more comfortable running around in them and chasing my little monsters around:) Although, I do miss my heels. I’ll pull them out of my shoe closet once in a while, and tell them how much I miss them:)
10. Do you tend to dress more feminine or do you have a tomboyish style?
– I tend to dress more feminine most of the time. This summer most of my tops consist of a chiffon fabrication (light, airy & feminine).
I would like to extend the Liebster Beauty Blogger Award by nominating the following blogging lovelies:
1. Cassy of On the Inside Blog
2. Kierra of A Pretty Thought
3. Mishka of Call Me Zeena
5. Katherine of Skin Care Forever
6. Kimberly of Obsessed
7. Madeline of Modaiolo
8. Jothy of Jothy’s Lifestyle
10. Stephanie of Stephanie Rizik’s Blog
- Have fun with my Q & A, ladies! Your questions begin, NOW:
1. My makeup mantra is:
A. “Less is more.”
B. “Find the happy medium.”
C. “Bring it on!
2. Who is your celebrity icon?
3. What is your favorite style of Halloween costume?
A. Anything goes! You’ve been everything from Disney Princesses to Roadkill!
B. You love costumes that are simple, cute, and often composed from things in your closet. Cowgirls and cheerleaders are tons of fun.
C. This is your day to sparkle and shine – you love fun and flamboyant costumes like fairies, angels, and royalty!
D. Your costumes are the kind that usually must be explained but are always clever and excellently detailed.
4. You’re invited to a cocktail event last minute. Whatever will you do with your hair?
5. If you could only bring one beauty product with you on a 3-day vacation, what would it be?
6. What is your current favorite item of clothing/accessory right now?
7. Packing your skincare products for a weekend getaway is…
A. Easy as one-two-three — cleanse, moisturize, and protect.
B. Torture. How can I choose among all my must-have lotions and potions?
C. Non-negotiable. I’ve been loyal to products for years and I’ll never sacrifice perfect skin for a smaller suitcase.
8. How often do you wear your hair in its natural texture?
A. At least a few days a week. I love waves and curls!
B. It depends on my outfit and where I’m off to.
C. Never — I only like my hair straight and sleek.
9. When applying blush, which of the following are you looking to achieve:
A. a pretty flush
B. a healthy glow for my pale complexion
C. great cheekbones
10. What is your time-sapping makeup mishap?
A. a smudge that takes time to remove — I never have remover on hand!
B. runny mascara
C. foundation that is anything less than flawless
If I nominated you and you feel like you don’t want to do the tag—no worries! I just think this is a fun, meet-and-greet way to get to know each other! Looking forward to hearing from you, whether or not you do decide to take part!
Hope you all had a good time with my little ”meet & greet’ Q & A session😊